Ingredients: Moong Dal, Salt, Asafoetida, Fennel Seeds, Ajwain Seeds, Red Chilli Powder, Turmeric, and Cumin seeds.
Moong Dal Badi/Mangodi is a sun-dried lentil pakoda or nugget-like snack made with a batter of soaked and spiced moong dal. The batter is then piped out as small pieces, sun-dried, and preserved in airtight containers.
- It is nutritious, easy to digest, and rich in protein.
- No added preservatives and artificial flavors.
- Store them in an airtight container at room temperature.
Ways to Savor Moong Dal Badi:
- These can be deep-fried and added to dishes like dals, pulao, and even curries like Aloo Badi, Matar Badi, Palak Badi, Badi kadhi, and many more.
- Mangodi fried or roasted with 2-3 drops of oil can be served as a wonderful appetizer.